Keith

Default Rhino type bed liners on boats???

When I used to work with extrusion coating, the cooling rollers we had with
the machine were mirror finish, and the hot plastic would stick to it like
crazy. We had them refinished to a matte finish, I think I remember
something like a 70 RMS spec. Still felt totally smooth, but just not mirror
finish. That's all it took for the plastic to come off very nicely.

--

Keith
__
"Matt Lang" wrote in message
om...
"Paul Schilter" paulschilter@comcast,dot,net wrote in message

Matt,
I wonder if the right kind of ruff might not be better. From what

I've
read some of the speed swimmers are using a type of body suit that

mimics a
fish's skin, reducing drag.
Paul

Absolutely right! A little rough actually has less drag. However thats
difficult to get..I believe shark skin has that roughness that reduces
drag.

IF this can be sprayed on it would be a must have

Matt

"Matt Lang" wrote in message
om...
wrote in message

. ..
On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 21:08:41 -0400, "Doug Dotson"

wrote:

From what I gather over the years, the inside if a steal hull boat
should be left accessable for maintenance.

Doug
s/v Callista

I'm talking about the outside, not the inside. Several boaters
around here (fresh water) have done so.

This Rhino stuff although very tough is very rough .. I would be
concerned it increases drag of the boat in the water significantly ...

Matt