Steve

Default Circuit Breaker trips while charging??

I just replaced the 35 amp OEM alternator with a 100 amp Delco.

Everything is working as planned except that the 100 amp circuit breaker
between the engine battery and the house bank trips after about 10 min
if I set the charge rate any higher than 70 amps.

My house battery bank is about 800AH deep cyle and over the past 3
weeks, since I haven't been on dock power or had much wind for the wind
generator, I'm down to about 50%. I really need to get a full charge so
I can proceed with a much needed equalization charge.

I don't think I should increase the breaker size since it is sized to
the cable between the battery selector switch and the two battery systems.

I thought this might have something to do with the current flowing in
the opposite direction to the normal load, however, I reverse the
breaker leads and but the problem remains. I have several other Blue
Seas 7002 100 amp breakers in the system and I'm considering an exchange
to determine if I have a faulty breaker.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated..

Steve
s/v Good Intentions