Steve

Default Lead/acid batteries this winter

It's not practical for me to remove my 'house' batteries since they total
500 lb. So I leave the automatic charger on float.. I need to any way since
my frig, water pump and all my lights are on 12 volts and I want them
available when ever I visit the boat.

For the engine battery, I replace my engine battery every spring. In fact in
this boat I have two engine batteries and I replace one each year, even if
it is in good condition.. (I have (9) other engines at home that could use
a 1yo battery, while the boat engine deserves the newest and best battery).

--
My opinion and experience. FWIW

Steve
s/v Good Intentions