Default Does anyone know how to adjust the idle speed on a Merc 40HP?

On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 21:51:17 GMT, Terry Spragg
wrote:

You may be better off to take it to a qualified mechanic. Being
stranded in the middle of the lake is seldom enjoyable.

Good luck!

Terry K

Thanks for the detailed response.......Sounds a little more
complicated than setting the idle on my 350 inboards!!

I think I'll let someone that knows what their doing give it a once
over. It idles quite roughly, and too high, so there's likely more
than one adjustment that needs to be made.....