John Fereira

Default FS: Prijon Touryak - Texas

Wright wrote in
:

On 8/3/04 11:23 PM, in article
, "Jon C"
wrote:

Wright wrote:

For sale: Prijon Touryak kayak located in Austin Texas. This is a
basically new 2004 model kayak exactly as described on Prijon's web
site - http://www.wildnet.com/ It has been in the water less than 10
times and is in new condition. It is red in color and is equipped
with Prijon's balanced wing rudder (description can be seen on
Prijon's web site). The foot braces / rudder controls are gas peddle
type so that a solid foot brace is topped by a peddle to move the
rudder. The Touryak length is 15'4",it has a 25.5" beam and a weight
of 58 lbs. Asking $1250. The boat can be seen and discussed with
Austin Outdoor Gear and Guidance at 877-773-2644 or (512) 473-2644.
FYI - this is not a posting for a commercial establishment. I am
still the owner and Austin Outdoor is selling the kayak for me on
consignment because I just bought a new kayak from them.
Chuck

Uhhh $1250? How much was this boat new? I'd expect this kayak to
sell for a maximum of $1200 retail.

Fair question - and you could have looked up the price for yourself at
Prijon's Wildnet web site that was provided above. The kayak sells for
$1549 with the rudder and it is a 2004 boat in new condition.

If that is the case it's way overpriced.
I assume
that you were just posting to comment on the price, but if you are
actually interested call one of the provided numbers and make a
reasonable offer! Considering that the Touryak is in new condition, has
an asking price that is $300 below retail and, as a 'used' kayak would
have no sales tax added on I think will make someone a good deal!

I friend of mine is a Prijon dealer. He's selling a new Prijon Tourak for
$1349. It doesn't have a rudder (but that would only add about $100) to the
price but he's throwing in a Werner paddle and Snapdragon sprayskirt at no
extra charge. That's about $250 in accessories.

Does $1250 for a used Tourak still sound like a good deal.