Wayne.B

Default Protocol for entering marina

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 17:17:44 -0400, "Trevor Miller"
wrote:
I'm doing my first ocean run (weather willing) Saturday morning from Lewes
DE to Ocean City Inlet. I have a transient slip reserved but I'm curious as
to the protocol for coming in and figuring our where to go. (I have
navigational instructions to get to the marina - OC Fishing Center)

Does one typically make radion contact first or is there some sort of
generic transient dock to figure that out. i've only ever docked on lakes
before at self service tie-ups, ramps etc.

Try on VHF channel 9 or 16 when you are in sight of the marina. If
they don't answer, look for the fuel dock or office and pull in close
enough to hail them.