krj

Default How long to transit the Okechobee?

Depends on whether you plan to go 24hrs or RON. It is about 125 miles
from Ft. Myers to St. Lucie inlet. Several nice places to tie up for the
night. There are several locks, and a railroad bridge that has 49'
clearance. The locks do not operate 24 hrs/day. Don't have the current
schedule, but I think the operate from 6am-9pm. You need chart 11428 as
well as charts for Ft. Myers and St. Lucie.
Kelton

just me wrote:

I have a 40' sailboat, 5'5" draft, 45' mast.
It will motor comfortably at 6 kts.
How long would you estimate to transit from the Gulf to the Atlantic?
Any hazards that I should be concerned about?
Thanks, jay

----