wildman

Default self stepping my mast.

Hi Rick -- I've had good luck with a spring-type mast raiser instead
of a gin pole. It might apply to your boat as well. Here's a link to
a discussion on another board. if you're interested, email me and I
can supply more details/pics. == Paul ==

http://bbs.trailersailor.com/forums/...x.cgi/read/207

"rick" wrote in message ...
I have found I can trailer my 29ft sailboat just fine and I can wetlaunch
once I get the trailer galvanised but stepping and un-stepping the mast
poses a problem in areas where there is no crane. If I make a tabernacle I
need a ginpole or some way to get the mast through the 20-60 degree angle
where I can't reach it and where the angle is insufficient for the forstay
to lift it.
Does anybody have any experience stepping their own mast?

I have heard that using the boom as a ginpole might work but???
rick