d parker

Default self stepping my mast.

Assuming you are strong enough to lift your mast from near the step is isn't
that hard.

Firstly prepare a spinnaker or jib halyard by fastening it to the bow of the
boat

Raise the mast and while pushing into it with your shoulders, tension and
secure the other end of halyard.

The Halyard will hold the mast in place while you go forward and secure the
forestay.
Simple!!

(This will not work on rigs that launch with the mast over the bow though)

Practice it with a buddy onboard a few times just in case.

DP
"rick" wrote in message
I have found I can trailer my 29ft sailboat just fine and I can wetlaunch
once I get the trailer galvanised but stepping and un-stepping the mast
poses a problem in areas where there is no crane. If I make a tabernacle I
need a ginpole or some way to get the mast through the 20-60 degree angle
where I can't reach it and where the angle is insufficient for the forstay
to lift it.
Does anybody have any experience stepping their own mast?

I have heard that using the boom as a ginpole might work but???
rick