Wayne.B

Default How long to transit the Okechobee?

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 19:19:36 -0400, "Jeff Morris"
wrote:

Before committing, one should check the depths. When I last wanted to go
through, there was a draught (April '01) and the depth was down to 3.25 feet.
Since I draw 3, I declined - the 3 inches to spare didn't make me feel good!

check the listing for "route 1"
http://www.saj.usace.army.mil/h2o/reports/r-oke.html

BTW, the Army Engineers said "Come on through!" but the marinas said half the
boats that tried were now aground.

The last two years there has been more water in Lake O than they know
what to do with. They've been spilling the excess down river on a
regular schedule.