Harry Krause

Default 8-mo. Pregnant Woman OK on 22ft. Boat?

Slambram wrote:

My girlfriend's 8-month pregnant sister wants to come out on the boat
with us for a day. She seems surprisingly unconcerned about any risks
associated with being on a boat. I'm not a doctor so i don't know how
much risk is involved, but as the captain it's my responsibility and
ultimately my call. We would be going to an inland lake instead of
the "big lake" (St. Clair, MI), but a cruiser wake here and there is
still inevitable.

Would you want anything to do with this responsibility, or am i making
much ado about nothing?

Thanks, -JZ

I'd avoid taking the woman with you.

--
"There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in
Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me -