Bob

Default self stepping my mast.

I have a MAC 26 with the mast raising kit. It works very well and one person
can safely raise and lower the mast easily and stress free on the trailer or
on the water. It is a very simple inexpensive system. I think it would be
easy to replicate. A great advantage is being able to stop at any time to
straighten out a twisted shroud line. I have the boat on the trailer in
Ottawa if you would like to see the system they use contact me through my
email.
Bob
(delete "remove" in the email address)

"rick" wrote in message
I have found I can trailer my 29ft sailboat just fine and I can wetlaunch
once I get the trailer galvanised but stepping and un-stepping the mast
poses a problem in areas where there is no crane. If I make a tabernacle I
need a ginpole or some way to get the mast through the 20-60 degree angle
where I can't reach it and where the angle is insufficient for the forstay
to lift it.
Does anybody have any experience stepping their own mast?

I have heard that using the boom as a ginpole might work but???
rick