Gene Kearns

Default Trailering

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 14:27:51 GMT, "Mark Davis"
wrote:

Okay, so I know this is a loaded question. But it will at least be fun.

I just bought a larger boat, 27' Concorde with a single Inboard. We got it
for the room and the ability to go further in the boat, but now we have a
question. I am of the mindset to dock it and be done and only trailer when
going to the Keys etc. However, there is a valid alternative to putting it
on a trailer so I can launch at alternative inlets without the need to motor
too far.

What are the opinions, pros/cons of trailering a inboard around.

Just my $.02 so far is that it seems getting it on and off the trailer will
be a bit more difficult as will finding ramps deep enough to accomodate it.

Opinions please?

Thanks!
Mark

Trailering, as I see it....

Pros

Your boat.... where... and when.... you want it.
New territories conquered
Surrogate RV

Cons

Major PITA
Expense of Tow Vehicle and 2 MPG to get to where you are going.
Mountains
Trailer Upkeep
Dealing with state motor vehicle laws (other than your own)
Crappy ramps 2000 miles from home
breakdowns on the road... boat, trailer, tow vehicle.....

IMHO......

I wet slip....
Screw the trailer... it is for maintenance.
YMMV.....