Rodney Myrvaagnes

Default lifespan of tugboats?

Reliable II, a coastal tanker (steel) was built in the 1920s and is
still in service. I have seen it making a delivery to the power
station at Nantucket. It gets loaded in NY Harbor (probably Bayonne,
NJ) and where else it goes I know not.

There are harbor tugs in NY that look as old, but that proves
notheing.

On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 14:34:46 GMT, Rick
wrote:

William R. Watt wrote:
I was looking thorough regulatory filings on a company which owns some
tugboats in Freeport in the Bahamas and read that these tugboats have a
life expectancy of 5 years. That seems a bit short, esepcially after all
the hassle I've got in this newsgroup over using exterior grade plywood
with a life expectancy of maybe 10 years.

My 65 foot wooden tugboat, the F.L. Fulton, is 60 years old and doing
just fine.

As a working tugboat it is, however, very much noncompetitive.

Rick

Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

Was George B. Selden the true Inventor of the submarine patent?