jchaplain

Default Trailering

Have you ever towed a boat or object of this size?
It's a big job. I regularly tow by 24 footer around the New England
area. Its ok, but I would think twice about towing anything larger
than that on a regular basis. And, I don't take it to the water for
day trips much. Usually I go out for several days or a whole week at a
time which makes trailering a large(r) boat more worthwhile.
Max allowable beam is 8.5 ft on the highway, and thats of the largest
width of the load ( boat or trailer.)
Trailering large stuff is a big liability as well. Ever deal with
getting stuck onto narrow sideroads with a rig like that due to a
detour or something? It's no fun.
Not to be totally negative, there are a lot of advantages to
trailering, but at some size you just have to consider the amount of
work and safety risk that trailering is and keep it in the water, and
27 feet is durn big.
John C.

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 14:27:51 GMT, "Mark Davis"
wrote:

Okay, so I know this is a loaded question. But it will at least be fun.

I just bought a larger boat, 27' Concorde with a single Inboard. We got it
for the room and the ability to go further in the boat, but now we have a
question. I am of the mindset to dock it and be done and only trailer when
going to the Keys etc. However, there is a valid alternative to putting it
on a trailer so I can launch at alternative inlets without the need to motor
too far.

What are the opinions, pros/cons of trailering a inboard around.

Just my $.02 so far is that it seems getting it on and off the trailer will
be a bit more difficult as will finding ramps deep enough to accomodate it.

Opinions please?

Thanks!
Mark