NOYB

Default OT Bush vs. Kerry Energy plans

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
ENERGY
The Great Energy Divide

In his speech to the Democratic National Convention last night, Sen.
John Kerry drew many distinctions between himself and President George
W. Bush. One of the most striking policy divides was on the issue of
energy.

Read what the Washington Post's liberal editorial board had to say yesterday
about Kerry's energy plan:

"But however appealing it may be to voters, even the candidate is by some
accounts well aware that "energy independence" is a fiction. To put it
bluntly, the United States consumes far more energy than it produces. For
the near future, and certainly well beyond the eight years Mr. Kerry could
be president, there is no possibility of genuine energy independence, nor is
it clear that that is a worthwhile goal. "

Our economy is dependent on oil. Until we have a viable energy alternative
to oil, then any attempt by a terrorist organization to destroy our economy
by limiting the flow of oil to our country, should be pre-emptively deal
with exactly the way Bush handled it.