DSK

Default OT Kerry lied while good men died

felton wrote:
It certainly makes you wonder what the *real* agenda is.

It doesn't make me wonder at all. I grew up with these people, or at
least their very close cultural & intellectual & spiritual & civic kin.
They are the KKKers and the John Birchers and the Bible-thumping whackos
who want to burn witches & keep slaves, and they are closely allied with
a number of large business interests (specifically oil & military
contracting) who see a gravy train.

Don't kid yourself, there is a strong possibility that President Bush
will get reelected. I don't remember if you're old enough to remember
the 1972 election... Nixon got reelected by a landslide, in the midst of
the most obvious corruption & Constitutional violations in history.
Jesse Helms, one of the last of the pea-brained old-time
fire-and-brimstone ******-bashing politicians, got elected in that same
race.

There are a lot of people out there who really really want this type of
"leadership." They are all going to get out & vote.

At the same time, Republicans have had four years to get their paws into
the election machinery and corrupt the process. This time, look for
large numbers of military absentee ballots to get "lost" and even larger
numbers of suspicious purges of the voter rolls.

... They float these
"gay marriage" balloons to keep the barking seals of the right wing
happy and energized

And that was a bit of rather cunical posturing. There is no chance at
all of getting a Constitutional amendment on that issue. They
deliberately chose the method of legally supressing gay marriage with
the lowest odds of success, and trumpet it to all the witch-burners.

... but otherwise spouting all this other nonsense
just makes them look silly to the rest of us.

Boths sides look pretty silly to me; but given a choice between plunging
the country into debt for the sake of Halliburton profits, ignoring
terrorism, weakening the military, shredding the Constitution,
alienating once-staunch allies, and turning the country into a de facto
militarist plutocracy... well let's just say I don't see that as a
"choice." And that's ignoring domestic issues such as health care,
education, & the environment.

DSK