Steve

Default Where are the narrowest canyons in NorCal?

Hi,

I'm looking for the narrowest, deepest river canyons in Northern
California.

What would be ideal is a 200 foot deep canyon that is only 200 feet
wide at the top. So this may exist only in the true slot canyons made
of sandstone in the desert. But I'm in NorCal so I'm looking for as
close to that as I can get around here.

Clavey Camp on the Tuolumne River looks pretty steep and deep.

Consumnes river gorge is another.

Please post all river canyons that you have seen in NorCal (American,
Toulumne, etc.) that have vertical or steep rock walls on both sides
of the river. The closer to a road the better. Locations and/or web
links appreciated.

thanks in advance for any info you can provide.