Barry

Default Numbness...

Mike..

Thanks for the feedback...it's appreciated

Barry

"Michael Daly" wrote in message
On 1-Aug-2004, "Barry" wrote:

I'm thinking
about trying one of my paddle floats as a support for my thighs to see

if
that helps.

This is a topic that comes up at regular intervals on this forum. Try

looking
back thru the google archive to see other answers.

As you realize, you have to provide better support for your butt and upper
thighs. The paddle float idea is ok, if temporary; play with different
degrees of inflation (i.e. height). For a more permanent solution,
consider some kind of outfitting. You can replace the seat with a better
one or make a seat out of closed-cell foam (like minicell available a
good paddling shops). Fooling around with paddle floats and other
things will point you in the direction of what kind of permanent mods
you'll need.

I haven't looked, but given the frequency of this, there might be

something
in the Sea Kayak FAQ.

Mike