Dan OConnell

Default Numbness...

I just solved that problem with my Necky Chatham...20 minutes max for legs
to go completely. I ended up with two minicell wedges already made precut
by Sealine specifically for that purpose (to raise your thighs). I put the
2 inch rise right at the forward edge of the seat (under it) and can do
hours with no problem. Cost was $15 I think.
Dan
"Barry" wrote in message
nk.net...
I'm a large paddler (6'3" 260 lbs) and live in a rather remote area in
Northern California. I purchased an Old Town Adventurer 139 XL...which

the
dealer told me was the best choice for someone my size and yet still

within
my price range (I wanted to stay under $1000.00). I had some experience
prior to that with a relatively inexpensive kayak purchased from the local
Costco store several years ago. However, it was too small for me and did
not have bulkheads. I gave it to my daughter. I like my Old Town kayak

but
on my first all day trip, I had real problems with numbness in both legs

and
feet. I suspect that I need to have the seat bottom tilted back a bit but
the seat is mounted with screws through the sides of the kayak and I am

not
sure how I can accomplish this. Someone told me to use my paddle float as

pad to put under my thighs but I've not tried it yet. Other than the
numbness problem, I'm happy with the kayak. I plan on using it a lot and
then making another purchase down the road when I have a better handle on
what I want. My question is how to best deal with the numbness problem.
Should I remove the seat, plug the holes and purchase an aftermarket seat?
Is there any way that I can tilt the seat that it came with without making
more holes in my kayak? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Barry