NOYB

Default 4-stroke Yamaha engine problems (major)

"mijoy" wrote in message
You can't compare the two that way. Outboards run in a sal****er
environment, most often running at 75% or more of their redline

Yeah I know. But to put it in perspective, most cars if well maintained

die
of other reasons then blown engines well after 100,000 miles.
Maybe I am fooling myself but I do have hopes of 1500 before engine

internal
problems. We'll see.

I hope you're right. I just repowered with a Suzuki 250 four-stroke. What
a terrific engine. The motor that it replaced was a two-stroke Yamaha 250
with 870 hours on it. Of course, that Yammie was a 1991. I bought it last
October with 705 hours on it, and it blew the top of the powerhead off.