Larry

Default Trailering

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 09:18:38 -0600, Messing In Boats wrote:

I have a similar sized boast, a 26' flybridge cruiser which is 13' tall,
9'6" wide and weighs about 10,000#. I bought it in Seattle, trailered it
home to Minnesota, and this June tralered it back out to Vancouver
Island so I could go up the Inside Passage. I will be trailering it down
to Miami for a cruise in the Bahamas this March.

I was under the impression that anything wider than 8' 0" needed special
permits to go over the public highways. Is this the case, and, if it is,
how hard are they to get, what kind of restrictions, etc.?

Thanks,
--

Larry
email is rapp at lmr dot com