Mark Davis

Default Trailering

You bring up a ton of good points, and exactly why I was asking. I am
leaning more and more towards trailering it for all the points you
mentioned, and the flexibility, not to mention the cost factor... Think of
how many other good toys I can put on the boat if I don't have 4k a year in
dock fees!

Thanks for all the help and info.
Mark.

"Messing In Boats" wrote in message
I have a similar sized boast, a 26' flybridge cruiser which is 13' tall,
9'6" wide and weighs about 10,000#. I bought it in Seattle, trailered it
home to Minnesota, and this June tralered it back out to Vancouver
Island so I could go up the Inside Passage. I will be trailering it down
to Miami for a cruise in the Bahamas this March.

You need a quality galvanized trailer with good brakes and a large
vehicle, especially if you're pulling it up and down the Rocky
Mountains. Florida may be a bit flatter. I have a 3/4 ton Yukon XL. I
haven't had any problems launching. It takes about an hour to get it all
set up and on the trailer, much less to get going in the water. Make
sure you find out what yours really weighs; mine is a bit heavier than
it was supposed to be with stuff in it.

I think it's a superior way to go as long as the boat will do the job
for you and your crew. Mine is out of the water except when I'm using
it, meaning I don't worry about it sinking, corrosion and growth
problems, theft, etc. I can work on it at home at my liesure where I
have tools and time. I get it all set up for a trip here, instead of at
the marina, so I'm ready to go when I hit the launch. I fill at the gas
station on my way to the launch, where fuel costs $.50/gallon less. I
winterize it myself and save $$. It's right outside my front door now,
where I can think about enjoying it in March, instead of how cold it is
here already, 15 degrees yesterday!

Capt. Jeff