DSK

Default Really! It's a sailing related question?

Michael wrote:
Won't keep you long from the main thrust of .asa but I'm compelled to ask
advice on a sailing question? REALLY? Imagine that!

How are "propellors" related to sailing?!?!

I've done a ton of research and come up with several 'candidate' props for
the boat. They are all of the self-feathering variety. Max-Prop,
Auto-Prop, J-Prop, Luke and a couple more. Threw out the folding kind and
the adjustable pitch kind is way to spendy.

Well, if you get a cheap one that doesn't work as well, what have you
gained? If you want to save money, have a solid prop. Works great.

The least troublesome AFAIK low-drag folder is the Mar-tec. I've got a
few friends with them on their racer-cruisers, and they have little or
no trouble to report.

For a cruising boat, I like the Luke 3-blade self-feathering prop. It's
a well engineered and well built unit. Only seen it in use on one boat,
but it has been trouble free. It's pretty expensive though.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King