Marc

Default Really! It's a sailing related question?

I run a 17" 3 blade maxprop, adjusted to 11" pitch. My boat is a fin
keel, spade rudder, 31' LWL, 16000 lb. disp. cat sloop. Yanmar 30gmf
w/ 2.62 reduction gear. It came with the boat, but I would buy one in
a heart beat. Cruise at 6 kn @ 2850RPM.check with PYI for specs on
your boat.

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 09:06:22 -0500, "Michael"
wrote:

Won't keep you long from the main thrust of .asa but I'm compelled to ask
advice on a sailing question? REALLY? Imagine that!

I've done a ton of research and come up with several 'candidate' props for
the boat. They are all of the self-feathering variety. Max-Prop,
Auto-Prop, J-Prop, Luke and a couple more. Threw out the folding kind and
the adjustable pitch kind is way to spendy. So .....after having read all
the literature, advertising, propaganda etc. it gets down to comments by
people who actually have them on their boats, the real prop users.

What I'm looking for is your comments on how well, or how poorly your
particular brand performed and if you like it what size boat etc. Either
as the owner, the operator or maybe you know someone whose brain you can
pick! I can afford it, but the cost is high enough I don't want to throw
darts or flip coins. I won't give you any parameters on intended use sothat
way I get good unbiased data. However my boat is 25' LWL, 31' LOD, 9.5' beam
and approx. 6 ton plus range. Twin keels naturally of course and a 30HP
Diesel Inboard auxilary. There is room to retrofit a reduction gear on the
shaft.

Thanks,

Michael

(sotto volce) and now ...... back to asa.duh-litics!