Mike_H

Default Yamaha 9.9 outboard runs smooth then sputters

I replaced the factory prop with a plastic one of the same pitch.
Mike

Michael wrote:

Factory prop or did you change it for one with a different pitch?

"rhys" wrote in message

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 12:06:32 GMT, "
wrote:

Thanks everyone! The gas was new last weekend, so I don't think that's
the problem. I'll check the other things when I get back into town
tomorrow.
Thanks again,
Mike

Another possibility which happened to my four-stroke Honda 9.9 is a
stuck carb float, which make for harder starts, limited acceleration
and the occasional stall. It needed a good clean due to crap in the
gas.

Filtering the gas/cleaning the tank is always a good idea.

R.