DSK

Default Yanmar saildrives and other options

plugster wrote:
Hello DSK,

Please call me Doug. No need to be formal

I took another look at the actual sail drives including the insides and they
look great.

Good! AFAIK they are sealed and if no salt water got in them, they are
most likely fine.

.... I have also found new direct replacement engines of the same
size for $3995 each.

Now that sounds like a good price.

.... So I think I am just going to replace the engines only
and overhaul the saildrives. This will keep the same weight and power but
at least they will be new engines and the cost is less then 1/2 of going
with the new engines and drives.

That sounds great. The new engines will be good for peace of mind.

I was and still am planning on adding bigger tanks.

I'm considering adding some bladder tanks. There are some issues on
installation, but (again) it's not rocket science and I feel they will
be more compact & less trouble. This spring I replaced the fuel supply
system in our boat (a more challenging job than I thought it would be)
and made provisions for future additions & upgrades.

Thanks for you input.

You're welcome. Good luck with your project!

Fresh Breezes- Doug King