Mike_H

Default Yamaha 9.9 - thanks everyone

Ah, if you are a pessimist you are never disappointed. I write that
with the utmost respect, Rhys, because I have experienced it too many
times in practice.

After 7 NM with moderate waves I got the problem back again. After much
more troubleshooting I found that I have a tiny oil leak somewhere.
Turns out the Yamaha 9.9 is designed to drop to low RPM's and run rough
when it senses a loss of oil pressure. After running at low RPM for a
short while enough oil was accumulating in the reservoir to allow oil
pressure to go back to normal, thus the intermittent nature of the problem.

A quart of oil and 10 NM later the "effect" seems to be gone, although I
still have to find the leak causing the problem.

Mike

rhys wrote:

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 17:09:40 GMT, "
wrote:

Thank you, everyone! The problem was a plugged vent- I got it cleared
last night and ran it smoothly for 15 minutes.

It'll be truly fixed when you can run it for 15 NM in short chop. That
loosens the flakes and debris nicely, I find G

R.