Charlie

Default Daft Beginner Questions!

"Ewan Scott" wrote in message

212 is a small boat. I'm 5"7 and 12 stone. I'd be uncomfortable in a
212. I manage in a 230 and a 232 but I think a long time in anything
smaller would be a problem. Although I've known a six footer to
manage in a 230 all day. OTOH I've seen a Coach get out of a small
boat he has played in all day and be unable to walk from the pain in
his ankles...

Ah, but I have the problems the other way - I'm 5ft nothing tall and can't
reach the footrests in most boats!

not quite what I said :-) You can certainly run rivers in a small
playboat, but you will be prone to flipping and doing inadvertent
maneouvres. Sure is one way to learn though. My son has a Sub 6 but
eschewed it for an Inazone for his 4 Star test.

Well, yes, certainly one way to learn! I'm not adverse to falling in, but
I'd like to keep it to a minimum since I can't roll yet! Saying about
falling in though, apparently I'm doing my two star next week (yay for me -
haven't done my one star yet) but out on the Marina where it's all wavy and
crazy! Most of the club have either done it in the pool or on a lake but
I've been told "I'll cope". Hmmmmm.

Charlie.

---