Jonathan

Default Cleaning up 4200/Ocean Planet

They did. The Governor was late. The yard boss had just told Bruce
"you've got about 30 more minutes before it's too late" when the Gov showed.

She was lifted while the pols were still speechifying
The difference of one boat length from the inner end of the dock, vs 2
boat lengths.

Then there was a mad scramble to hoist a big American flag, but no
halyard had been specified earlier, and they were tied off from the
stepping. I undid the main halyard, then the one guy who knew the mast
showed up and specified the spin halyard. In making off the multi part
main, I goofed and watched it slowly ease it's way up the mast.

Talk about feeling like one of the Three Stooges Fortunately a young
ape shinnied up, it was only about 10 feet up, but there was no boat
hook on board yet

Jonathan (with the fumbly fingers)

Stephen Baker wrote:
Jonathan says:

Ocean Planet was launched without a hitch. (except for being slightly
aground when the weight came off the slings)

Good job. Check the tide table next time... ;-)

Steve