Dale Farmer

Default What is this "pin" thing called?

Joe Osman wrote:

Dale Farmer wrote:

Njord wrote:

Hmm, replying to my own post. But wondering if this has anything to do with
the expression 'to pull the pin'?

"Once you pull the pin, Mister Hand Grenade is no longer your friend. "

-- The sergeant who had the thankless task of instructing me, and a whole
bunch
of other Hospital Corpsmen, on throwing hand grenades to cause injury to the
other side.

--Dale

Have you ever had a human being look so intensely at you as
your hand grenade instructor? I had the feeling that one
flinch and he was out of there, with me as his ladder/blast
shield.

I don't know. The only thing I was looking at was the grenade and the ground
I was walking over.

--Dale