Dale Farmer

Default What is this "pin" thing called?

Richard Bell wrote:

In article ,
Dale Farmer wrote:

Actually, I learned how to do that in my high school theater, which
had a fully functional pin rail for all the crap the scenery folks wanted
hung in the air over the actors heads. We did have much more, ummm,
colorful names for them though.

I now realize that I should thank my lucky stars that I have only tread the
boards under counterweighted fly pipes.

You are no safer because of a counterweighted system than a hemp
house. I think that you would actually be safer in a hemp house, as there,
ALL the folks doing rigging know how to tie the correct knots correctly,
and are generally more careful in their actions. Barring a visit from
Davie Dimmers of course, then all bets are off.

--Dale

(( Davie Dimmers is a ( hopefully ) mythical character who is forever doing
really clever, stupid and dangerous things in technical theatre. I believe he
is an invention of Clive Mitchell . ))