Jonathan Ganz

Default Windlass Electrical Connection

Would it make any difference on a boat that large? I think it wouldn't
be a bad thing to have another bat. Also seems like a lot less work,
hassle. Either would work though.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Bart Senior" wrote in message
et...
Why add the extra weight f a battery in the front where you don't want it?

I'd use heavy gauge wire and run it from the house bank.

Ray Cullum wrote

I am considering adding a electric windlass to my boat and I would like

some
opinions on the best way to connect to the electrical system.

The windlass will be approximately 40 feet from my house battery bank

which is
700amps. It has been suggested to me to place a small battery up close

the
windlass so you don't have to run heavy battery cable such a distance

and
sustain the power loss. Small cable could be run to the battery

strictly
for
recharging.

Thanks for the help.