Marc

Default Windlass Electrical Connection

He doesn't say, but if he's adding a windless, he's probably adding an
all chain rode and he is probably a cruiser. The added weight of a
battery forward (it doesen't have to be in the extreme pointy end) is
negligable when considered with all the other gear he is carrying.
Electrically it makes sense and he doesnt even need another output on
the charger, he can use a battery combiner. http://www.yandina.com/
Also, if the battery would be 40' from a 700 amp battery bank, I
suggest he's got a big enough platform.

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 16:17:14 GMT, "Bart Senior"
wrote:

Why add the extra weight f a battery in the front where you don't want it?

I'd use heavy gauge wire and run it from the house bank.

Ray Cullum wrote

I am considering adding a electric windlass to my boat and I would like

some
opinions on the best way to connect to the electrical system.

The windlass will be approximately 40 feet from my house battery bank

which is
700amps. It has been suggested to me to place a small battery up close to

the
windlass so you don't have to run heavy battery cable such a distance and
sustain the power loss. Small cable could be run to the battery strictly

for
recharging.

Thanks for the help.

Ray Cullum