Jim Cate

Default Bought a Reinel 26'

Mooron, if the Mac hull is underbuilt, and flexes with each wave, there
must be hundreds of Macs falling apart every year. And hundreds of Mac
skippers and passengers must be lost every year, since there are
thousands of Macs out there. So, in that case, there would be news
articles every week about more Macs sunk and more Mac passengers and
skippers drowned. And hundreds of lawsuits from their families. -- Where
are all those news reports and all those lawsuits, Mooron? I haven't
seen many of them.

The facts are that the rigging and hull of the Macs is adequate for the
boat, and does the job. The facts are that thousands of Mac owners are
satisfied with their boats and sail them year after year. - If you have
FACTS or STATISTICS (NOT ANECDOTES) contradicting this, let's see them.
- Put up or shut up, Mooron.

Jim

Capt. Mooron wrote:
"Jim Cate" wrote in message

| You don't get it, do you Jeff? The point is that, with some 25,000-plus
| Macs out there, if they were as poorly constructed as you claim, and if
| they are susceptible to major failures when stressed, we would be seeing
| news reports about hundreds of casualties every year, month after month.

They're all too scared ****less to go sailing in anything over 5 knots and
use their engines more than their sails. No wonder they are advertised as
"safe".... 5 minutes into the sail trip and all you can think about is how
great it wiil be to get back to a safe dock.

The one good thing about them is they don't require much inside lighting...
since you can almost see through the hull... as it flexes and oil cans with
each wave.... at the dock... which it never leaves..... because the owners
know they own a POS and are to scared to take it out.

Suck It Up Jim-Bo.... you got a bogus boat.

CM