Harry Krause

Default rec.boats

JohnH wrote:

On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 11:35:46 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

Wayne.B wrote:

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 22:07:30 GMT, "Paul" wrote:
The mean spirited post by the guy using the remailer should have been
ignored. It should have been left to die alone with no replies but instead
it turns into a hot thread. That speaks volumes.

Is it unpleasant enough to drive people away? Obviously it is.

It can only be stopped by those who post the OT. It can only be stopped if
they stop posting OT.

It's pretty simple.

Not quite that simple, the real key in my opinion is to stop replying
but that would require a consensus which is not likely to be reached
any time soon. It's a lot like society as a whole, certain behavior
is acceptable, other not. We set the standard by choosing what we
reply to, and how we do it. In an unmoderated group self control is
all there is.

My personal remedy for some off topic, offensive, anonymous post is to
delete it, and hope it stays that way. If the pattern continues there
are ways of zeroing in on the suspect. We've done that before with a
few individuals and usually when you start to smoke them out they just
go away never come back.

I suggest that any rightie who is really upset with me come with guns
ablazing to where I hang my hat:

7142 Ambassador Road
Baltimore, Maryland 21244-2754
(410) 265-8080

Harry, everyone knows where your boat is kept. They know the name. They also
know that lead sinkers make much less noise than lead bullets, but they still
make nice cracks in fiberglass.

If I were you, I would STFU with your requests for violence.

John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD

You can always count on the righties to try to instigate a little of the
ultra-violence.

--
Email sent to is never read.