Jonathan Ganz

Default Good news for America is bad news for the Democrats -OT

Donal, on behalf of all Americans, I apologize for our government's
mistake. I can offer no reasonable excuse, since those in power
clearly knew what they were doing. They lied to us as well. Please
accept my apology. Unfortunately, there's not a damn thing I can
do about it, except attempt to throw out the slimy *******s this
coming November.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Donal" wrote in message

"gonefishiing" wrote in message

impotent dictator?
this impotent dictator has supported the very culture that these

terrorists
live in and thrive on.

You have no evidence to back up your point of view.

they didn't just materialize out of thin air with grenade launchers

strapped
to their backs.

Correct! They appeared AFTER the Allies took over.

You cannot cite a single example of Al Q'aeda activity in Iraq when Saddam
was in charge. I bet that you are too stupid to realise why Saddam didn't
tolerate Al Q'aeda. [Hint] ... Iraq was a *secular* state.

when reduced to it base issues - i see 2 possiblities (offer another)
damned if we do

Correct.
damned if we don't

Incorrect.

i also disagree with the idea that we have done nothing to lessen the
threat.
the installation of a ( hopefully) more reasonable governing body,

counter
to the culture that spawned terror is how it will happen, if at all.
and this is being done.

the threat is here forever.

Nah. Once Bush is gone the threat will begin to recede. I can't believe
that you will elect such an imbecile again.

the difference now is that it is recognized and can be adressed. (see

9/11
commission report for one example)

ok....how do we confront this problem to "lessen the threat"?
raffle humvees off in iraq?
food stamps?
welfare programs?
rock concerts for world peace?
give them ganz?

oh ......change our culture.

Yes.

get rid of our sailboats?

No.
get rid of our suv's?

Yes.
get rid of our need for oil?

Reduce it.

live in abject poverty?

No.
and buy swords?

Guns are better.

the points above are deliberate in their obvious absurdity
neither work.

Invading the wrong country doesn't work, either.

the first relies on american arrogance/ignorance to buy our way. (its
happened before)
the second relies on changing american culture and trusting the

terrorists.
(not likely)
a the third possiblity is we leave the middle east all together and
hide--it was impossible to do in the 20th century--still impossible in

the
21st century.(which also means abandoning israel--do you really believe

that
is possible?)

It's possible - but I don't think that you should do it.

Regards

Donal