Michael

Default Posting on alt.sailing.asa

Not only the price of thestamps. Check out the increase in carpal tunnel.
In previous days we kept our hands, fingers, wrists at an 'ergonomically
required' angleso as to be able to punch the heavy non-electric keys. With
the lighter touch of the selectrics and the very light touch of the
computer keyboard most learn to type with wrists cocked at an awkward angle
which results in carpal t. The price paid today is far more than just the
postage stamps.

M.

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Scout,

Old Josh would scoff at anything with an electrical power supply. We
forget, in our new world of information, that in Josh's world the dry
cell battery was a pure PITA.

Katy talks about no computer and using a IBM electric and snail mail. I
remember sending out the monthly bill payments by check, envelope and
three cent stamps. All for a cost of less than 50 cents!

We've come a long way but we do pay a terrible monetry price.

What we accept as normal today would definitely be scoff at by past
generations.
I'm not sure scoff is the right word. Pity comes to mind,

Ole Thom