Jonathan Ganz

Default Posting on alt.sailing.asa

Cuts down on the roaming charges....

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Scout" wrote in message
actually, I'm very Spartan-like on my boat. I don't have much in the way

of
technology (a gps, a compass, and a cell phone). Of course, I don't roam

too
far from home.
Scout

"Lady Sailor" wrote in message
om...
We don't have any special technology on the boat to send emails or use
the internet while in Mexico. When we want to go online we use
internet cafe's, they are everywhere in Mexico. Back here in the U.S.
they are harder to find. Right now we are staying in a hotel that has
wireless. Some of our friends use Sail Mail while cruising but that's
just text email, no attachments and no internet. I personally like
not having the distraction of internet on the boat.

Lady Sailor

FamilySailor wrote:
Okay, I may be stupid (that is relative), but under the "Where be ye"

post I
was under the impression, some sailors here are cruising and have no

port.
Is it possible to read the posts and reply to sailing.asa while

cruising. I
thought you had to be online to access news groups. If there is some

new
technology, please educate me. If so I gotta get connected!

Sea Yawl,
John "26 Again"