Vito

Default (OT) Who Is Mrs. John Kerry?

"SAIL LOCO" wrote

And under the table money.

Works like this. I get elected and on the committee that oversees, say,
FBI. FBI is giving you problems so you call your congressman (me). My
secretary tells you I'm too busy to see you, let alone help you for weeks;
but that I have lunch with Ima Crook every day and recommends you call her.
Now it'd illegal for me to accept money to help you, it's part of my job,
but Ima is a registered lobbiest who makes her living "helping" folks like
you. She says she can get FBI off your back for $5000 cash (small bills).
You pay up and next day she talks to me and I have an aid phone your FBI
agent's boss and explain how angry this makes me just when I'm working on
his budget. Of course, Ima doesn't share a cent of your $5000 cash with
me - that'd be illegal (c: