Scout

Default Posting on alt.sailing.asa

110K bps? no kidding? That seems fast for a cell phone. My modem is only
56K. My first connection was just 1200 bps (bulletin boards). I might have
to look into Sprint - I use AT&T wireless now, and when I asked about using
my cell phone to connect to the Internet they looked at me like I have two
heads. My third head was quite insulted.
Scout

"Jeff Morris" wrote in message
I don't bother to post while traveling, But I have a few friends who

maintain
"medium speed" access (about 110 KBaud) using Sprint cell phone

connections. I
don't know if that deal is still available, but $10 a month gives them

unlimited
connect time.

WiFi can be used over limited areas - much of the FL Keys are "wired" for

WiFi.
And most "hi-roller" marinas, especially resort oriented places, have

phone
access in the slips. And most marinas have phone jacks in the office and

allow
you plug in to check e-mail, etc.

"FamilySailor" wrote in message
Okay, I may be stupid (that is relative), but under the "Where be ye"

post I
was under the impression, some sailors here are cruising and have no

port.
Is it possible to read the posts and reply to sailing.asa while

cruising. I
thought you had to be online to access news groups. If there is some new
technology, please educate me. If so I gotta get connected!

Sea Yawl,
John "26 Again"