felton

Default OT; OK Joe, your boy Lance leads

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 12:15:26 -0700, (Thom Stewart)
wrote:

Lance Armstrong has the lead once more and is a pretty good bet to win 6
in a row!

VIVA LA AMERICAN!!!

Let's keep our fingers crossed, Thom. Today (Wed) is supposed to be
the toughest stage and was once (1975) the scene of an attack by a
drunken fan on the race leader, causing him to finish 2nd. I believe
I read that close to a million fans will be on hand today. Lance has
already encountered a crowd of angry Spanish Basque fans. Let's just
hope he can run the gauntlet safely. This could get ugly.

A bit of trivia...if it hadn't been for that attack in 1975, that
cyclist would have likely won his 6th Tour, the record that Lance is
now going for.