Nav

Default Whoa There Race Boy....

We regularly sail faster than true wind at wind speeds of 4-6 knots on a
broad reach with the gennaker. It's not at all unusual in performance
yachts and almost a boring fact of life for big cats.

Cheers

DSK wrote:

Capt. Mooron wrote:

A BOW WAVE!!!! Come on Loco..... don't expect us to swallow that
line of
hogwash. I've never seen more than a ripple from any vessel downwind in
light air.

You need to get out more.

Tell us how fast you sail with a chute in 5 kts of wind???

Probably somewhere around 4 knots. I know of boats that can sail at 5.5
or better, with a spinnaker, in 5 knots of true wind (hint... think
apparent wind).

Fresh Breezes... really!
Doug King