Peter Wiley

Default A place where liberal politics and yachting collided

Ya know, I have 20 years of Mother Earth News magazines. The 'experts'
used to say exactly the same thing.

Back in the 1970's.

PDW

In article , thunder
wrote:

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 19:46:55 -0700, Jonathan Ganz wrote:

Well, assuming that was true, we still have a vast supply left. If we
don't use it for cars, we should have plenty of time to develop
alternatives even for medicines, etc. It's easy to say the sky is falling,
but people have been saying that for years...

I'm not saying we don't have time, I'm saying that the time we have is
getting short and we still don't have a comprehensive energy policy.
Upthread, you asked about a recession. As our economy is now based on
cheap oil, when oil is not cheap there will be, at a minimum, economic
consequences. You are right, people have been saying the sky is falling
for years, but one thing is absolutely certain, oil is a *finite* gift.
One day, the sky will be falling. I'm saying that day is sooner rather
than later.