Jonathan Ganz

Default A place where liberal politics and yachting collided

Well, assuming that was true, we still have a vast supply left.
If we don't use it for cars, we should have plenty of time to
develop alternatives even for medicines, etc. It's easy to
say the sky is falling, but people have been saying that for
years...

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"thunder" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 15:07:35 -0700, Jonathan Ganz wrote:

Right, but the vast majority of our use of oil is for cars. Remember, we
have lots of oil in the US. We could be self-sufficient if we wanted to.

suggest raising gas prices to $5/gallon. Give the automakers lots of
incentives to increase fuel efficiency and create alternative cars.

65% of the America's oil has already been burned. We could have been
self-sufficient, but now? Unless there is a massive and comprehensive
energy policy installed immediately, *we* may have oil, but our children
will have to live without.

http://www.faultline.org/news/2001/1...ependence.html