Alex Moore

Default Achilles Inflatables: Question

Hey Guys: Thanks for you replies. Ken, I'm in the rough waters of New
England (Gloucester, MA. "Home of the Perfect Storm") & a Sea Eagle
wouldn't hold up too well (IMHO). As for Avon, there simply too much
money. I know they have an excellent rep. but I want to keep it @
around $1000.00. This is my second inflatable & will be used very
little.

I have narrowed my choices to a Zodiac "Cadet" C260 (8'6" 52 lbs. PVC)
w/ slatted floors. No keel. Cost $895.00 (excellent price). Also, we
have a Zodiac dealer in town that can service the boat if it has any
issues. The Zodiac looks well built, although I know that had some
issues in the past.

Then of course, the Achilles LEX-88 (8'8" 78 lbs. Hypalon) w/ wood
floors, inflatable keel & comes in @ $1010.00. Again another excellent
price. The weight issue bothers me a little. Also, these are varnished
floorboards & transom. That=some work to keep them looking decent!

As you can see, I'm really leaning towards to Zodiac. I know I won't
get the life out of it like a Achilles or Avon but if I could get 5-7
years, I would be happy.

Just an FYI. There's a Avon R260HP (air floor) that can be had for
$1675.00 but I think it's too much. Maybe I'll buy it. Damn, I wish
this could be an easy purchase. Thanks to everyone who chimed in!

Regards,

Alex

PS: If you in the market for an inflatable check out www.defender.com
These guys have the best prices & a HUGE inventory. They are in Conn.
so it's only a 2 hour trip for me so I can save $ on the shipping
charges.