J. R. Daneson

Default OT A place where liberal politics and yachting collided

Just what we need... another f*cking sockpuppet.

--
"j" ganz @@

If you read #4 below (from alt.privacy.anon-server,) it's the same
sock puppet with 100 random names. I have no connection to the
"Asmodeus Quick Post Service" service. I'm just telling you how it
works.

From my "save a post" folder:
----------------------------
#1)

The Asmodeus Quick Post Service is available for your
pseudo-anonymous needs.

If you are like me, you have probably wanted to post a reply to
something you just read on a newsgroup, but don't want your IP and
other information about you to show up with your reply.

And if you are like me, you don't want to do a copy and paste into
JBN or QS; you may not even have JBN or QS installed; Hell, you may
not even know, or care, what they are, or what encryption is.

What are you going to do, aside from going to a web site that does
the encryption for you, which you don't want to do any more than the
other things?

Well, there is a solution in the Asmodeus Quick Post Service.

It gives you the means to use your email/news client, the one you
just read the message on, the one you are comfortable using, to post
a reply, or send a new message, while hiding your IP and other
identifying information, and to do it without using a chain of
remailers.

It allows you to use your regular news/email client to post to
newsgroups without exposing personal information about yourself, or
having to worry about kids, spammers, or psychos using your IP
address to harass you.

All headers from your original message are removed, except for:
From, Subject, References, Newsgroup [1]

Everything else: IP, message id, Date, the whole shooting match of
headers that might give you away - it's all removed.

And all you need to do is create your newsgroup message in your
regular email/news client, and email it to

For example, if the address you specify is:
, then your message will be sent to the
alt.religion newsgroup, but with anything identifying you removed.

*Make sure you use a fake 'from' header*, since whatever 'from'
header you use will be the one that shows up on the post.

Keep in mind that the message is not encrypted, so your isp can see
it.

****Do not use this for more than casual anonymity. **** Use a chain
of remailers if you want real anonymity.

Please ask here if you have questions.

[1] You can have the remailer choose a random 'from' name for you by
prepending 'alias_xx_' to the newsgroup name. For example:
will result in the 'from'
header being chosen randomly by the remailer.

----------------------------
#2)

The Quick Post feature makes it easy to be anonymous, at least as
far as the newsgroup your message appears in is concerned.

However, it defaults to including whatever 'from' name you use in
your remailer client, which you may not want to show up, and can't
be bothered to fake.

If that's the case, you can use this additional featu just
prepend 'noname_' to the address in the 'to' field, and it will use
the Asmodeus default 'from' header, rather than the one your email
client is using.

For example, if you use: To:

your message will show up in misc.test, and have, as its 'from'
header: Burke N Hare

But if you use: To:

your message will have, as its 'from' header, whatever 'from' name
you are using in your email client.

----------------------------
#3)

The Quick Post service is made to be simple, but, if you have the
inclination for a bit more effort, you can use it to post to
multiple newsgroups, and, as I mentioned in an earlier post, change
the 'from' header to the remailer's default.

To post to multiple newsgroups, simply separate each newsgroup by
two dots.

For example,
alt.test..alt.test.test..alt.alt.test..misc.test..

will send your message to 5 newsgroups.

The remailer will allow up to 5 newsgroups, and length is not a
problem, but how your isp handles the length of the 'To' field on
outgoing mail, is between you and them.

----------------------------
#4)

Using the Quick Post service is simplicity itself, but, for minimal
effort, you can make use of several features. The latest addition is
the ability to randomly choose 'from' names.

The 'from' name of this post was chosen by the remailer; I don't
know what it is.

The way to get the remailer to choose your 'from' name is to prepend
alias_xx_ to the 'to' address.

For example, if you want to send a message to
alt.privacy.anon-server, and have the remailer choose your 'from'
address, the 'to' address would read:

.

and the remailer will choose from a table of 100 'from' names.

Or you can specify which 'from' address you want:

. or
.

and so on.