Bobspirt

Default Rush Limbaugh? and why he & his listeners are losers...

Jon, you are a horrible debater. First you screech that Bush stole the
election and that Gore would have won the recount. Then you post obviously
partisan reports and concede that reports supporting the other position can be
found. You then conclude that the Supreme Ct should not have stopped the
recount. Well, what is it? Did Gore win, as you earlier posted? Or are you
saying evidence is inconclusive? Why do you state that the Supreme Ct should
not have stopped the recount? You cite nothing to support that. If they had,
we'd be left with the wildly inconsistent and disputed vote counting methods.
Do you state how one method of counting votes should be determined? No.
What's your point, Jon (aside from your mantra that Bush sucks).

BTW I like the line toward the end of the Slate article you cite: "For
Democrats to start actively contesting the president's legitimacy at this point
would be bad for the whole country."

Here you go. I'm sure you won't believe it, but here it is anyway:

http://democrats.com/display.cfm?id=181%20
http://slate.msn.com/?id=2058631
http://www.chicagomediawatch.org/01_4_gore.shtml
http://www.fringefolk.com/gorevictory.html
http://www.bushwatch.com/gorebush.htm

And I could go on and on. I'm sure you can find other links that show
the opposite. The point is that the Supremes should not have stopped
the recount, thus they elected him by default.

As I've said, you can cite your facts all day, but it's meanless to the
issue.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Mark Cook" wrote in message
. ..
"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
No, it's not a myth. Check your facts. Gore won or would have
won the popular vote in Florida.

You're still citing facts that have nothing to do with the question.

The fact is there has NEVER been a recount that proved Gore won Florida. I
notice the you CAN'T cite a single one.

You keep performing your little song and dance, but the fact is the
Democrats did not have the votes needed in Congress to throw out the Bush
slate of certified Florida Electors. EVEN IF Gore won the standardless
partial recount as ordered by the Florida Supreme Court, he would have

LOST
the electoral college election because his electoral would have been
appointed in violation of 3 U.S.C. section 5.

The truth of the matter is 3 U.S.C. section 15 would be the defining law

in
this matter. It basically says who ever is state certified wins. Bush was
state certified thanks to the DEMOCRATS on the Florida Supreme Court. This
happened two weeks before the SCotUS handed down their decision in Bush

vs.
Gore.

--
"j" ganz @@