felton

Default minimum wage thought

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 14:29:27 -0500, "FamilySailor" wrote:

Hummmm.... let me think...... Would I rather get $300 back or pay $1000 or
more in taxes every year (increasing exponentially). You cuts the $300
refund, but the real issue is the fact that the taxes were not raised
either. Just take that $300 refund, increase it each year with the cost of
living, calculate the interest (compounded) and see if it adds up to a
little more. Griping about the $300 refund is like saying I only get $27 per
hour. What can you do with $27..... You have to look at the big picture, not
just ONE check. You can have a trend of relieving the tax burden on people
and businesses or a trend of increasing the burden. My wife has a Flower
Shop and the taxes are driving her under. She has to work like a dog,
because she had to let all go, except our daughter, because she was not
making enough to pay all the taxes you have to pay to be allowed to have an
employee. I see you like the burden of taxes and complain if the trend is
towards reduced taxes and that's no Bu****, hehehe

Actually I think the "big picture" is that the Government is borrowing
money to pay you that $300 and "not raise" your taxes. They send
those $300 checks out as if they are doing you a great favor and to
buy votes. The only problem is that *you* will be expected to pay
that back. The only money the government has is *our* money, after
all.