DSK

Default Rush Limbaugh? and why he & his listeners are losers...

An Metet wrote:
Here's a study from 1996 on who listens to Limbaugh. Limbaugh listeners
are wealthier and better educated than the average American, not less.

Thanks for posting this, but frankly I don't believe it. Limbaugh caters
to the lowest common denominator and spews so much blatant falsehood
(like the other day when he was whining about Alan Greenspan's record
with the Fed) that you'd have to be a retard, with a very short memory,
to believe half what he says.

At one point some years ago, Limbaugh described himself as 'an
entertainer, not a journalist' and said that he just made stuff up
because it was easier than doing research. He also said that most of his
audience were "morons"... that was his word, not mine. Since then I
guess he has made so much money that he guards his off-show comments
more carefully

...One exception to this pattern which is not readily explainable is
that listeners to Conservative PTR report higher levels of voting
than any other group and this effect remains even after differences
due to audience characteristics and media exposure are removed.
Since there are no other differences in political participation,
knowledge, media use, or other obvious factors which would explain
these differences, we have an anomaly without an explanation.

I can explain it easily. It is due the average Limbaugh listener's
pathologic rage against the Clintons. He pushes this button almost
daily. His listeners get all stoked with righteous indignation, then
they get out there and vote, dammit!

DSK